"O Positive" Youth Group
"O+" OXFORD UMC YOUTH GROUP
Youth Summer Events
Mission Trip to S.O.S. in Memphis, TN -June 4 - 10, 2017
Summer Retreat to HEB Camp in Leakey, TX. - July 16-20, 2017
REGULAR YOUTH ACTIVITIES
Youth Group meets Sundays from 1 pm - 3 pm and Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm. Youth Group meets in the Gym / Youth Center.
Oxford YOUTH! is a multi-faceted effort to provide youth, ages 11 through 18, a place where they can be themselves. Youth can experience agape love, come to have a personal relationship with God, grow their knowledge of the Good News and God's love. They can also learn practical ways of making the faith of their family and church their own by applying that faith to their everyday lives. The Oxford UMC Youth Program is built on three pillars.
Worship - the relationship between God and the individual.
Fellowship - the relationship between the individual and the faith of the community.
Outreach - the relationship between the individual and the world at large.
Regular Youth Activities
- Bible Study in the Upper Room - Wednesday, 6:30 pm-8:00 pm in the Youth Room. Jr/Sr. High Bible Study covering core Christian beliefs in open, caring, studious (but fun) environment.
- Sunday School - Separate classes for Middle School and High School Youth.
- Sunday Worship Services - Traditional Service at 9:15 am or the ELEVATE Service at 11:30 am.
- Confirmation Class - Begins the first Sunday after the Christmas-New Year break for those youth seeking full church membership.
- Youth Group - Regularly scheduled meetings on Sundays at 1 pm. Lunch is served! Followed by activities! Four major programming emphases: Youth Worship, Programs, Serendipity ("fun" stuff), and Service.
In addition to Sunday night meetings, the Oxford YOUTH! holds numerous special events throughout the year including retreats and mission trips. Contact Youth Director Kristi Forister in the church office for details on upcoming events.
Check out Oxford YOUTH! on Facebook! www.facebook.com/