Consider allowing a Stephen Minister
to walk with you on
your journey to wholeness
Stephen Ministers Care
Our Stephen Ministers provide
Christian care to people who are:
• Grieving the death of a loved one
• Hospitalized or recovering from hospitalization
• Lonely or discouraged
• Coping with a terminal illness or caring for a family member with a terminal illness
• Unemployed or in a job crisis
• Disabled or caring for an ill or disabled family member
• Moving or relocating
• New to the congregation or the community
• Anticipating the birth or adoption of a child
• Homebound or institutionalized
• Transitioning into retirement
• Dealing with the crisis of aging
• Facing a life transition
• Experiencing a spiritual crisis
• Victims of a disaster or accident
And for people facing countless other crises or life challenges or who are going
through a difficult time and could benefit from the care of a supportive Christian friend.
What Is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister is ...
• A child of God who walks beside a hurting person;
•A caring Christian who really listens;
• A member of our congregation who has received 50 hours of training in
how to provide distinctively Christian care;
• A person who is ready to focus on your needs;
• A trustworthy confidant who will keep everything you say—and even
your identity—confidential; and
• Someone who will faithfully meet with you on a weekly basis for as long as your need persists.
A Stephen Minister is NOT ...
• A counselor or therapist;
• A problem-solver;
• Someone who runs errands or helps with chores; or
• A casual visitor.
Our Stephen Ministers are ready to provide you with the confidential, one-to-one Christian care you need to make it through a crisis or help you through a difficult time.
For more information, please call the Church Office at 696-0192.